Thursday, January 22, 2009

EcoLiving London: Letters of Support

Hi Tiffany, I highly support your progressive approach to assisting the public in living a more environmentally sustainable lifestyle. Most people just want to do what's right for themselves within their household. Your EcoLiving London proposal sounds like a great initiative (with a very reasonable budget) to help people access information, programs, etc. to assist them in moving towards a more sustainable lifestyle. Public advocacy supported by groups such as the Council of Canadians is also important but it is clearly different from what you are trying to do with the EcoLiving proposal and targets a different group of participants. Keep up the great work! Jaclyn
- - - - -
Dear Tiffany - I have signed the petition; interestingly, I also received it from Betsi, who encouraged me to act now. Please let me know how this turns out! all the best, Carol

Thank you so much for your support Carol, interestingly, I was speaking to Don this morning and he told me he had recieved your email requesting that he sign. This is wonderful - even if it doesn't pass - this is grassroots at it's finest. I am proud to stand together with all of you. Enjoy your day. And please watch along with me - it is exciting to see the names of people you know. I am endlessly hopeful for our city. Tiffany
- - - - -
Tiffany, I love it and it’s a bargain for the City. Nice Work! D
- - - - -
Great initiative Tiffany! Wow, you've been busy. I quickly skimmed over the proposal. I like that you spotlighted Peterborough. They are definitely ahead of us in many respects. Their recycling system is so, so much better than ours. (I often end up storing recyclables to take home to my parents when in Peterborough County - since London doesn't take many items). It's wonderful that you mentioned Green-Up. That organization is pretty amazing, they do some great work. My friend has been working there for a couple of years now. Anyways, best of luck with your proposal! Take care, Melissa
- - - - -
Tiffany, Good on you; I have not had a chance to review the proposal yet but I can see from the Email message sent out today that you’ve initiated a discussion with the city. I would like to congratulate you on taking the initiative and leading the rest of us to water (good timing when it comes to harnessing Obama energy at the local level – you don’t miss a drum beat, do you?). I will take time to review the proposal and follow through and I hope the response is strong after all the hard work you’ve put in to make it impossibly easy for everyone else to fall in line. It’s time and I hope people are letting you know that the energy and effort you have put forth is appreciated. Thank you, Holly

1 comment:

MOLOK said...

Peterborough County has success in Partnership with MOLOK North America for the collection of their recycling and organics